Frocks look the best when they are simple, accurate in shape, have a nice fall, and comfortable to carry.
In today’s article, we have tried to collect the frock design ideas that are easy to make at home or get stitched by a tailor. Following frock designs will serve you as a true inspiration while designing frocks for your baby girls.
The speciality of these designs is their cuts, the cuts that are simple to replicate without much use of intricate sewing patterns or drafts.
Along with each design type, you will find enclosed some useful tips on designing frocks so that it becomes easier for you to design frocks for your little girls without putting much effort.
Basic / Casual Frock Designs:
follow our useful tips on designing casual or basic frocks.
- Prefer pure cotton fabric as it is comfortable to wear and gives a nice shape to the frocks.
- Choose simple prints with small motifs or patterns.
- Keep the cuts as simple as possible.
- Keep the upper part of frock (yoke) and the lower part in appropriate proportion and exactly according to the design. The whole structure and grace of your frock designs depends on this proportion.
Following are the tips on designing formal frocks.
- Choose plain fabric with a good fall, such as organza, stiff nets and others.
- Formal frocks look the best in light pastel colours and plain fabric.
- Keeping the cuts simpler, try to decorate your frocks with ribbons, flowers, hand embroided motifs or braids.
- Always attach lining of a cottony fabric so that your child feels comfortable wearing formal frocks for hours and hours.
There are several design options in Pakistani kids fashion wear for making eastern frocks such as angrakhas, umbrella frocks, frocks with choori pyjamas and others. Try to focus the expert tips on making eastern frock designs.
- Use either chiffons or similar fabrics as it helps maintaining a sleek shape well recommended for eastern cuts.
- Keep the lengths long as it is in fashion these days.
- Attach a decorative border at the lower edge of frock to give it a complete look.
- Combine your eastern frock design with either choori pyjama or trousers.
- Embellish the frocks with simple embroideries containing some colourful beads and other glittery materials.